WordPress is an amazingly flexible CMS. It made humble beginnings as a blog engine but has since grown in a complete Content Management System.
WordPress can be used to create social networking website, A Magazine Like Website, An Article Directory and even a Job site.
Not many Jobsites are powered with WordPress but still it can be used to create a fairly advanced Job Site.
Job Board Plugin
WordPress Job Manager is an open source plugin for creating advanced job sites with WordPress. It has various features like:
- Job Listing
- Categories to create multiple job boards
- Jobs can be filed under multiple categories
- Icons can be assigned to jobs, to make them stand out in the listing
- Customisable fields, so you can display information about your jobs specific to your situation
- Powerful templating system, allowing you to control the look and feel of your jobs and job boards
- Widgets to fit into your WordPress theme
- Job Management
- Jobs can be defined to display between certain dates, or indefinitely
- Simple admin interface for editing, updating and creating jobs
- Jobs can be easily archived or made public as needed
- Applicants can apply through the website, using a form that you can customize and template, so you get the information you need
- Advanced filtering on application forms, to ensure you only get applications that match your criteria: Documentation
- Upon successful application, you can be emailed the details, so you’re always up to date with new applicants
- Applicant Management
- Simple interface for viewing all applicants
- List can be filtered based on any criteria in your custom application form
- Email individuals or groups of candidates, to keep them updated on new job opportunities in your organisation
- Interview scheduling, linked directly to jobs and applications
- Internal comments, for easy reference when you need to decide
It requires Wp version 2.9 and above.
WordPress Job Site Themes
Another option is to use a Job Site theme for WordPress. There are various job site themes which can be utilized for this purpose. Here is a list of Themes for powering your job site