banner below slider again

Hello, I just updated to 2.3.8, and my red banner is under my slider image again. Here's what I'd like to have:

The red banner above the slider image but not below it. Is there a CSS code that can adjust for that? It was fixed once, but something happened, and it happened before I updated the theme. I've included a screenshot of what I don't want. As you can see, the red banner is under the slider image. I want it on top of it. Thanks much.

Comments

• Hi 
    To do the layout changes I would like to suggest you to create child theme .
    Kindly create child theme and tell me .
    To create child theme refer below link .

Thanks 
  • Thank you. Do I need to make the changes in the parent theme before I make the child theme?
  • Okay. I created the child theme as per the plugin you recommended, and now, I have no red banners above or below my slider image.

Help please.
  • Also, I have no sidebars or footers. Is there some way to delete the child theme?
  • I just deleted the child theme and went back to my parent theme. I do not have time to fix all the problems and redo all the work I've already done. All I want is for the red banner to be above my slider image.
  • Hi
    For this find the home.php file located in your theme folder.

Replace the code of it  with the code mention in this link  .

Thanks 
  • I have no home.php file. I have this: 

Appointment Pro: Custom Homepage Page Template (template-frontpage.php)

I did, however, paste the code, but it didn't work.
  • I found my home.php in File Manager, copied and pasted new code. Nothing. Also, the code in my home.php is the same as in 

Appointment Pro: Custom Homepage Page Template (template-frontpage.php)

• Hi
     Sorry for your inconvenience dear . 
     Send me your wordpress admin detail at my email address 

So that we can check and assist you better . 

Thanks 

• I'm sorry, but I don't give this out. In the last version of this theme, you gave me instructions to do a basic alteration of code, which worked. It no longer works. Here are the instructions you gave me on February 14, 2017:

Hello

Yup you can move banner above the slider . 
    Let me know , did you create child theme . 
    If no refer this link . 

Then below the given below instruction . 

1 Find the home.php file located in your theme folder . 

2 Copy  this file and past inside the  child theme directory . 

3 Open and edit the child theme home.php file  and find the below line of code on line no . 6

get_header();

4 And replace it with below line of code . 

get_header();
    get_sidebar('orange');

5  And remove the below line of code from line no 15 . 

get_sidebar('orange');

More help see the snapshot http://prntscr.com/e8w8yd ;

Let me know for further assistance .

Thanks 
  • HI 
    I have done same changes in  my previous comment . 
    See the snapshot http://prntscr.com/gr4abs ;  . 

Let me know did you create child theme  ?

Thanks 
  • Here's an idea: How about I add another read widget bar above the slider? I'd like to have that option more than moving the one under it. Is there a CSS code that can make this happen?

As to my child theme, I created one, but I will have to put way too much time into customizing it again—time that I don't have right now. Also, it eliminated my sidebar options. Please see my previous comments where I explained what happened. 

Thanks a bunch.

I will try the changes and let you know how it works, but if there is a way to have a red widget bar above and below the slider, that would be optimal.

Maybe your theme could have the option like in other areas where we as users can opt to use it or not.
  • Okay. Here's a screenshot of what my front page looks like. I fixed the banner to be on top. Now I'd also like for another oine below the slider

How Please send code like you did before. Thanks a bunch. 
  • Here is the screen shot for what it looks like now with the banner on top. I'd also like one under the slider, too.

Thanks a bunch
    ScreenShot2.JPG
  • Hi 
    Are  you want banner   under the slider with same content as top banner . 

Pls clear .

Thanks 
  • If it's possible. I'd like to experiment with the look. Once I get this all done the way I want it, I will make a child theme, and work on it when I have time.

Thank you so much for all of your help and patience.
  • Hi 
    If you want  banner  top and below the slider . 
    Follow the given below instruction . 

1  find the home.php file located in your theme folder.

2 Replace the code of it  with the code mention in this link 

Thanks