Portfolio category setting at frontpage

Hello again,
i would like to see at the frontpage one category and at the portfolio
menu link 3 other categories like at your doucumention for 4 columns.
at the example picture i can see the categories of portfolio as register at the top. when i ad a portfolio button at my menu it will not shown.
ideas ?

Comments

• Hi 
    Lets take step by step process . 

Firstly let us clear , 
    Are you want to show specific category post on the front page   ?

Thanks 
  • yes i would like to do this

and then i create an new menu point and would like to show 3 different categories by one click, and the user can choose then between the 3 categories by register cards at the top
  • HI 

In the latest versin of theme  managed home portfolio section via widget . 

So fistly I would like to suggest you to update the theme via latest version of theme . 
    TO update theme with latest   version refer this link  .

Let me know for further assistance . 

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • If i update the Theme, all the changes we already did will lost right? Some css configuration you helped me.
  • HI 

If you made changes into the code of   parents theme  file . 
    Those changes will lost .
    The custom css code you added into the custom css box , will not lost . 

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • Ok thanks a lot, i will try this today later.
    i let you know what happened ;)
  • Some stuff is going wrong, for example the header the width is only half, i guess also that the changes we already made with the contactline at top , is again inside the header picture.
    furthermore, the menu point "Links" i add this menu point as a portfolio categories, but i got error 404.
    i can not found anymore the services section (at backend) ? here exist a few format problems, e.g. not centered anymore. this section starts with Text "Herzllich Willkommen..." its to close at navigation bar.

• problem with header solved
  • HI

Glade to know , if you allow can I close this ticket ?

Thanks 
  • No i wrote many other problems i still have:

furthermore, the menu point "Links" i add this menu point as a portfolio categories, but i got error 404.
    i can not found anymore the services section (at backend) ? here exist a few format problems, e.g. not centered anymore.

through the update or i would say a new installation of the theme, i have only the portfolio section at backend, services are missing and also my contact page with google maps location i cannot found this configuration anymore
  • Hi 

Lets take step by step process . 

1 To manage service section in our  latest version refer this link . 

• edited September 2016
    Thnaks for the link, but im not able to center the picture (icon)
    solved, but i didnt realize why the widget show me the complete content
  • why the widget show the complete content from the page. before i did the update it was a easier solution and better.
    how can i solve this, because now it looks like a mess