Feature Request - Tel: and Free Text Widget

edited December 2015 in wallstreet
I'd like to request that two features be added to the TELEPHONE areas of the theme WallStreet.

1. A backend "Tel:" command so that when the site is viewed on a mobile device, clicking the phone number initiates an outgoing call.

"tel:+xxx-yyy-zzzz"

2. The ability to place a widget or text on the home page. Now, with the new SEO criteria of Google, they are looking for heavy relevant text on the home page. Pages having a lot of pictures and not enough body (like wallstreet) are getting de-ranked by Google for not having enough written content on the home page. See attached

Comments

• Hi 

To initiates an outgoing call when user click on the phone no .

For this you need to add tel command  into the code of file . 
    For this follow the given below instruction. 

1 Find the header.php file (located in your theme folder ).
    2 Opne it and find the below line of code on line no 65 . 

<li><i class="fa fa-phone-square"></i>+<?php echo $current_options['contact_phone_number_one']; ?></li>

3 And replace it with below line of code . 

<li><a href="tel:+(076) 555-1111"> <i class="fa fa-phone-square"></i>+<?php echo $current_options['contact_phone_number_one']; ?></a></li>

Change phone no as your need . 

Hoep it will work for you . 
    Should you need furher assistance . 

Let us know . 
    Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • Hey 

Did the above solution work for you  ?

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • Almost.  Yes the Tel: feature is now working perfection.  Except the link is blue.

Is there a way to force that link to turn white as it is very difficult to see it on the green background.

Also, I assume that when I change the phone number on the website I need to manually go into the code to change the number there as well, right?

• I'm still waiting for assistance on this task.
  • Hi 

To change color  to white 
    Add the below css code into  Appearance << Customize << Header setting << Custom css box .

.head-contact-info a {
        color: #fff;
    }

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • That did it.  Only one last question left in this post.

Please refer to matter #2 of my original post.  Please also review the attached image.

Thank you.

• Hi

Pls clearly explain what do you want .

Thanks 

• Sure thing.

As stated, in Google's new SEO criteria they are giving high SEO value to sites that have relevant TEXT on the home page.

Pages having a lot of pictures and not enough body (like wallstreet) are not being given SEO value by Google for not having enough written content on the home page. See attached photo called, SAMPLE.  So, as a feature request, I would like to see an area included on the home page for simple text content.  See attached photo called, FREE TEXT AREA.

sample.jpg
    Free text area.png
  • edited December 2015
    Hi  Okay dear !

Kindly don't mix your issues into single thread. To create good knowledge base for others , 
    kindly create separate ticket for separate issues.

SO that we can better handle your support queries.

I am Closing this ticket .

Thanks
    Akhilesh
This discussion has been closed.