portfolio: 2 sets of categories

Hi, I'd like to make a second set of categories in the POrtfolio section. 
For example (this is just a random example): 
cat. 1 : dog, cats, horses
cat. 2: europe, asia, Usa

So I want to be able to select 'dogs' and see all the dogs on the site 
I want to be able to select Dogs and select Europe, so I see all dogs in Europe on the site 
I want to be able to select USA, so I see all animals (dogs, cats, horses) in the USA.
etc. 

Is that possible? If yes, how could I do that? 

Comments

• Hi 
    Thanks for contacting to us.
    Let us clear us, are you want two sets of categories on home page or portfolio template.
    Or want separate page where you want to show your  desired category portfolio post  on this page.
    Kindly clear , So that we can assist you better.

Thanks 
  • yes, two sets of categories, that's what I'd like. 
    I would like it on the portfolio page, not on the home page.
  • edited September 10
    Hi 
    We have already giving functionality , with the help of this we can show specific categories all  portfolio post on a specific page. You can create specific portfolio category page with this solution. Refer this help docs link .
    Let me know for any confusion.

Thanks 
  • Hi, that's not what I want to do.

I will give an example: 
    - I have 4 portfolio items.
    - item1 : belongs to category 'Project management' and to category 'healthcare' 
      - item 2: belongs to category 'interim  management' and to category 'healthcare' 
    - item 3: belongs to category 'interim management' and to category 'healthcare ' 
    - item 4: belongs to category 'Project management' and to category 'media' 

On the portfolio page of my Wallstreet website:

- I want to have 2 rows of categories:
    - row 1 contains 'project management' and 'interim management' as 2 buttons 
    - row 2 contains 'healthcare' and 'media' , as 2 buttons.

- I want to be able to 
    a) select either just 1 button (say 'Project management' , or 'interim management', or 'healthcare', or 'media')
    b) select a combination of buttons of row 1 and row 2 (for example: I first select in row 1 'Project management', then I select in row 2 'Healthcare') 

The result should be : 
    * let's say I selected 'Project management' in row 1--> Now the portfolio page shows items 1 and 4 
    * let's say I selected 'Project management' in row 1 and 'healthcare' in row 2 --> Now the portfolio page shows item 1
    * let's say I selected 'Project management' in row 1 and 'media ' in row 2 --> Now the portfolio page shows item 4 
    * let's say I selected 'Interim management' in row 1 --> Now the portfolio page shows items 2 and 3
    let's say I selected 'Interim management' in row 1 and ' healthcare' in row 2 --> Now the portfolio page shows items 2 and 3

Thanks,
    jord 
  • Hi, would you have a solution for this? 
  • HI @jord_van_der_zwaag

Sorry to say that ,After research on your query, your query is a part of  feature enhancement and layout customization.
    Its required much code customization which is beyond the scope of theme support.

Thanks  
  • hi, ok , thank you very much. I totally understand. Best, Jord 
This discussion has been closed.