Adding more post on Latest news on Homepage

How do I increase the number of Lates post on the homepage (www.efca.net). I have looked for  index-recentblog.php  but I don't have that file. I only have index-blog.php. And yes, I want to either display more news items on the homepage of https://efca.net or find out how I can add a hyperlink to de rest of the News. I cannot find an option in the Latest news settings

Comments

• HI 
    Thanks for contacting to us.
    TO show more post in latest news section for this follow the given below  instruction.

1 Find the index-blog.php file located in your theme folder .

2 Open it and find the below line of code on line no 35. 

$args = array( 'post_type' => 'post','posts_per_page' =>2,'post__not_in'=>get_option("sticky_posts"));

3 Change post per page value as your need.

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • Ok that  works when I change it from 2 to 4. But the items are not displayed next to each other, which might be due to the size of the pictures. Can this be scaled such that there are 4 items next to eachother at www.efca.net. I want only a size of 200 x 200 pixels max. So where do I resize the size of the pictures
    Or is it possible to add the Widget "Recent Posts with thumnails "that I use in all other pages, also below the slider on home page?

Thanks

Flemming
  • HI 
    To make  each post next to each other for this follow the given below instruction.

1 Find the index-blog.php file located in your theme folder .

2 Open it and replace the code of it with the code mention in this link.

Let me know for any confusion.

Thanks
    Akhilesh
  • No, if I replace the code as mentioned in the link, I don't get no post at all on the homepage. So that does not work. I have attached the current file. Maybe you can check where this need to be modified?
  • edited November 2019

• No, if I replace the code as mentioned in the link, I don't get no post at all on the homepage. So that does not work. I have attached the current file. Maybe you can check where this need to be modified?
    index-blog.txt
  • Hi 
    Its working fine at our end.
    I have checked code I have provided did not update on your website.
    Let  me know are you using child theme or not.
    If you are using child theme pls replace the code of index-blog.php with the code I have provided you.
    Feel free for further assistance.

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • edited March 24
    Hi,
    I want 6 latest news in my homepage and I replaced the original  code with yours:

$args = array( 'post_type' => 'post','posts_per_page' =>6,'post__not_in'=>get_option("sticky_posts")); 

but I have 3 post on the first line, 2 post on the second line and 1 post on the third... why?

I use a child theme and if I replace all the code, as you said to fcassee, then I don't have any latest news in the homepage, like him.

Where am I wrong?

Thanks

Marcella
    Cattura.JPG
  • Hi @marcisigno
    Never post  your  query in other client ticket bz it creates complexity to handle better support query.
    So pls create  new ticket and also share your website url, so that we can take a look and assist you better.

Thanks
    Akhilesh

• Hi @fcassee
    Did your query resolve ?

Thanks
  • edited March 25
    Sorry @akhilesh, I move my query in a new ticket
This discussion has been closed.