Error - Too few arguments at author.php

Hey,

I bought the appointment pro version, installed it to my wordpress and it's beautiful! Thanks so far :-)

Currently I got an error others seem to have too:
"Warning: printf(): Too few arguments in /www/htdocs/w014a160/<domain>/wp-content/themes/appointment-pro/author.php on line 13"

This is always the case, if I click on any author in the blog and if I search via google, others have the same issue with your template.

Thanks for your help,
molshh

Comments

• Hi
    Thanks for contacting to us .
    If possible share your blog page url.
    So that we can take a look and assist you better.

Thanks
    Akhilesh
  • edited September 23
    Hey,

In this case: (f.e.)

Side note: If I am logged in as an administrator, I won't get this error-message.

Best,
    Marcus
  • Hi 
    Thanks for sharing your website URL, Its working fine at our end.
    You can check our theme demo link  .
    Let me know are you using any plugin if yes kindly deactivate all plugin one by one and  check your query resolve or not bz it may  be any plugin conflict with the theme.

Thanks
    Akhilesh
  • edited September 23
    Hi,

I deactivated all of the plugins but I still get the same error.
    If I switch to a basic Wordpress theme everything works fine. If I switch to Appointment Pro I got the error.

Then I installed a completely new Wordpress with new database, installed the theme and got the same error again:

No matter if it's PHP 7.0, PHP 7.1 as well as PHP 7.3
    Wordpress 5.2.3

Update:
    If you search at google for 'printf(): Too few arguments in appointment' you will get a looooooot of websites with exactly the same issue.

Best,
    Marcus
  • Hi 
    To solve this problem follow the given below instruction.

1 Find  the author.php file located in your theme folder .
    2 Open it and find the below line  of code on line no 13.

printf($banner_title_author.' '.'<a href="' . esc_url( get_author_posts_url( get_the_author_meta( "ID" ) ) ) . '" title="' . esc_attr( get_the_author() ) . '" rel="me">' . get_the_author() . '</a>' ); ?></h1></div>

3 And replace it with below line of code. 

echo($banner_title_author.' '.'<a href="' . esc_url( get_author_posts_url( get_the_author_meta( "ID" ) ) ) . '" title="' . esc_attr( get_the_author() ) . '" rel="me">' . get_the_author() . '</a>' ); ?></h1></div>

Let me know for any confusion.

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • Works for me except the fact, that it now says:
    "Archiv des Autors: %s" and then the name of the author.

Don't know where the '%s' comes from. I simply removed "$banner_title_author.' '." so only the name of the author is given.

Best,
    Marcus
  • HI 
    Send me your  admin detail at my email address 

So that we can check whats going wrong  with your end.

Thanks
    AKhilesh
  • No worries. I am fine with the current situation :-)

Thanks for your support.
This discussion has been closed.