How to make a menu with two different portfolio page?

edited December 2014 in Rambo
I want to make a sub-portfolio template. Two or three sections that will not overlap. For example, the portfolio section of sofas and cabinets portfolio section. In the menu, make two different links. one is sofa, the second one - only on cabinets. It is possible?
Now if I doing such pages, they both show the same thing. I want to make it different portfolio, perhaps by categories.

Comments

• Hi 

I didn't understood clearly about your issue, can you please attach screenshot of regarding Template.

So I can reach to depth of your problem and assist you batter.

Thanks.
  • see two links - their contents completely identical.
    http://обживайка.рф/?page_id=265
    http://обживайка.рф/?page_id=223
    I want to make on these pages the same template, but with different contents.
  • Hi 

This query require much customization, so I suggest you to create child theme. Using child theme your core theme data remain unchanged.

Please follow this link and create child theme 

Then create functions.php in child theme and follow the steps: 

1. copy the following code and paste it in functions.php  (Child Theme package >>  functions.php )

add_action( 'init', 'create_post_type' );
    function create_post_type() {
        register_post_type( 'product2',
            array(
                'labels' => array(
                    'name' => __( 'Product2' ),
                    'singular_name' => __( 'Product2' )
                ),
            'public' => true,
    'supports' => array('title','thumbnail'),
            'has_archive' => true,
            )
        );
    }

add_action( 'init', 'create_post_type2' );
    function create_post_type2() {
        register_post_type( 'product3',
            array(
                'labels' => array(
                    'name' => __( 'Product3' ),
                    'singular_name' => __( 'Product3' )
                ),
            'public' => true,
    'supports' => array('title','thumbnail'),
            'has_archive' => true,
            )
        );
    }

Note : Here we use Custom post type name product2 and product3 please you changes these name with your Desire name.

Copy the code from below attached files and paste in respective archive-product2.php and archive-product3.php 

Refer the Image assign-template.png to create a page and assign a template to it.

then 

Follow the attached image to add New post. 

Then create a sub menu Follow this Step : - 

Dashboard >>Appearance >> Menus >> refer menus.png 

let me know for further assistance 

Thanks

product.png
    1600 x 900 - 56K
    menus.png
    1600 x 900 - 101K
    archive-product2.txt
    archive-product3.txt
    assign-template.png
    1600 x 900 - 212K
  • I have all of the text is now at the top (see picture attached). Also, the buttons is not appears in the menu bar (product2 and product3)

see my site  http://обживайка.рф/

I also do not understand the phrase "Refer the Image assign-template.png to create a page and assign a template to it."
    What do I need to create an image and where to insert?
    1212.JPG
    1280 x 800 - 173K
  • Hi

assign-template.png is a graphical presentation instead of steps i.e( create a page and assign a template to it ). It doesn't meant you have to implement it any where in your theme package.

Let me confirm whether you are using child theme or parent theme. if you are using child theme then follow below instruction. 

please create a new functions.php file and paste code from below attached functions.txt in child theme package.

only 4 file should be in child theme package

1. Style.css
    2. Functions.php
    3.archive-product2.php
    4.archive-product3.php

I already attached it archive-product2.txt and archive-product3.txt in previous Comment.

Thanks.

functions.txt
    811B
  • Yes, it works almost like I wanted. Thanks. But I would like to add something, as in the parent template. I need to make it three pictures in a row, and that in the photo as well as in the parent template, there were references to zoom the image to view a description and pictures. And that description to a photo can be added. And comments include.
  • I almost did everything myself. It remains only to add the ability to add description, as in the attached picture.  Now I have just open field. And I want connect possibility post comments.
    1234.JPG
    1280 x 800 - 126K
  • Hi 

If you want editor support and layout similar to this page  LINK 

Then follow the given below instruction .

For this find  the below three files into your  child  theme directory and   replace the code of ir with respective .txt file which is given below in the attachment  .

1 Replace the code of functions.php file with the code of functions.txt (given below in the attachment )

2 Replace the code of archive-product2.php with the code of archive-product2.txt (given below  in attachment ).

Replace the code of archive-product3.php with the code of archive-product3.txt (given below  in attachment ).

Note : Make sure changes to be done into child theme files .

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
    functions.txt
    829B
    archive-product2.txt
    archive-product3.txt
  • Yes, thank you. Almost all set up as needed. But now the question of the footer. If I use the parent theme , footer as I needed. If I activate a child theme than changes the footer. All of the files that are in the child theme is in attachements.Because of what could change the block footer?

And whether it is possible to add comments to the block portfolio?
    1111111.JPG
    1280 x 800 - 132K
    2222222.JPG
    1280 x 800 - 172K
    archive-product2.txt
    style.css.txt
    191B
    archive-product3.php.txt
    functions.php.txt
    847B
  • Hi 

firstly create a footer.php file in child theme package. and simply changes in footer.php file 

For eg. we have title About us in footer section, you can change this title as your desire title.

in similar way you can change the other section title and content in footer.php file.

please refer attached Image.

where you can find how to make changes in title as well content.

Thanks.

footer.png
    1600 x 900 - 230K
  • Thank you , I understood. It was in the widget settings.
    What about comments Portfolio Images? We can add comments to the photos portfolio?
  • edited December 2014
    Hi @artemvolkov 

Never include multiple issue in single thread, bz it create complexity to handle the support query. 
    So  Lets take one by one .

Kindly create separate ticket for separate issues and also please be more specific about your issues , So that we can assist you better.

Allow us to close this ticket .

Can I close this ticket ?

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • edited December 2014

• Yes, this ticket can be closed. Thank you very much.
This discussion has been closed.