Can I add a text box to homepage?

Hi,

I have Busiprof pro and need to add a text box under my slider section, before my services section.  Is this possible?  My site is www.khamblinhart.com

thank you,
Kim

Comments

• Hi 

Thank you for contacting Webriti Support! My name is Akhilesh  and I'll be more than happy to help you today.  We appreciate you being patient with us.

See the snapshot and confirm me Is it the right place where you want to show additional content. 
    Kindly confirm me so that we can assist you better. 

Thanks 
    AKhilesh

• yes, perfect.
  • Hello 
    For this Add the below css code inside the Additional  css box . 

.service .section-heading:before {
        content: " Enter Your own content " ! important;
        display: block;
        text-align: justify;
        font-family: 'Droid Sans';
        color: #737f85;
        font-size: 15px;
        font-weight: 400;
        line-height: 25px;
        margin: 0;
        word-wrap: break-word;
    }

Let me know for further assistance . 
    Change Enter your own content  text as your need . 

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • I put this in and when I had your words "Enter your own content" in, those words appeared on my website.  However, when I deleted it and added my content I got this:

and when I take out the " (because it is what is underlined at line 36) I get this error:

Also, is it possible to italicize or bold some words and also add links to certain words?

thank you,
    Kim
  • looks like my screen shots did not appear.  Here is the text of the first problem (and the " is underlined in red):

36 content:"Have you found yourself questioning some of the truths you were taught in your religious community?

the error message reads:
    Unexpected token '"Have you found yourself questioning some of the truths you were taught in your religious community?' and line 36 column 13

If I delete the " so it reads:
     content:Have you found.. 
    then I get this message:
    Expected RBRACE at line 36 column 108

And I've tried to add an RBRACE in front of content but it doesn't work.

I hope this makes sense.  I'll put the screen shots into a word document and try to attach it as a file. And I still have the question about italicizing or bolding words and adding links to certain words.

Much thanks,
    kim
    imageimageimage
    error messages khamblinhart.docx
  • edited December 2018
    Hi 
    It may be you doing something wrong.
    Its working fine at our end see the snapshot http://prntscr.com/m00nsk

Again try to add the css code inside the Additional css box . 

Let me know for further assistance. 

Thanks
    AKhilesh
  • I get it to work fine until I actually add my own content.  This is what it looks like:

48 .service .section-heading:before {
    49 content: " Have you found yourself questioning some of the truths 
    you were taught in your religious community?
    51 Are you feeling scared, lonely, confused, angry…?

with this message at line 49: unexpected token ' " Have you found yourself...' at line 49, col 11.

on line 49, where the error message starts, the quotation mark " is underlined with red.

I have 6 separate paragraphs/lines that I want to add as text, which I'll add below.

If I only do the first paragraph, it works fine, so maybe it's the addition of other paragraphs?  I went ahead and just added the first paragraph.  The "services" section is really close to the text, I'd like more space there.

Also, I'm hoping to italicize and bold some words within the text and links...

text I want to add:

Have you found yourself questioning some of the truths you were taught in your religious community?

Are you feeling scared, lonely, confused, angry…?

Do people think or tell you that you are being deceived, led astray, lazy, selfish, sinful…?
    I know this can be a profoundly difficult time in your life, especially if you’ve devoted your life to your faith and faith community.
    But coming to this point where you question your faith and relationship with the Divine, your relationship with your faith community, is a normal part of faith development.  How do I know this?  Because I have been there before.
    You will be okay.  In fact, you will be more than okay.  This journey leads to greater peace, understanding, and acceptance than you can imagine right now.
  • Hello
    Ignore the previous method.
    Use another method , for this you need to edit inside the theme file.

To do so, you need to create a child theme, For creating a child theme refers this link
    Ignore if you have already created child theme .After it  Create a new file in the child theme with name  index-service.php  and edit it, then paste the code in it from https://pastebin.com/R62z7nT9

Then again edit the  index-service.php file   and edit line no 96  change content and add paragraph tag as your need.
    Save changes and activate your child theme.

Thanks
    Akhilesh
  • Hi 
    Did the above solution work for you.

Thanks
  • I haven't been able to get it to work.  I'm new to all of this.  I've created a childs theme but can't figure out how to do more than change simple things like fonts, colors, etc.  I've decided to try and modify one of the themes provided (team theme) and see if I can get it to work well enough.

• HI @khamblinhart
    Sure Let us know for further assistance.

Thanks
    Akhilesh