Can i add 2 Blog section on the home page as weel as Navigation Bar?

Hi Support team,

1. I want my home page have two blog template,  i will use one to show News, and the other to show Special Products
2. I also want two button on the navigation bar (News and Special products), when i click news, it only show blogs under news category.  When i click Special Products, it only show blogs under special produtds category.
3. News template and Special Products will show different blogs,  and news show with 2 clomn, and special products show with 4 colums.

Plz let me how to do, thanks.

Plz kindly read all my needs, let me know if any confuse. have a nice day.

Comments

• Hi @woolars
    Thanks for contacting to us .
    We have research on your query. Your query is a part of layout customization and feature enhancement. 
    Its required much code customization.Which is beyond the scope of theme support .
    For this you need to hire a developer to do it.

Thanks
    Akhilesh
  • then, how to freeze the blogs on homepage?

which means i want homepage always show 4 special blogs, but when i click blog menu on navigation bar, it will show latest blogs.

• edited December 2018
    Hi 
    Let's take step by step process. 
    TO show specific category post on home page  Latest news section.
    1) Install a plugin Reveal IDs

2) Create a child theme if not created. 

3) Copy the file index-blog.php from parent theme of Busiprof & paste it in the child theme.

• 4) Now edit the file, at line no. 25 you will notice this below line

$args = array( 'post_type' => 'post','posts_per_page' => 4,'post__not_in'=>get_option("sticky_posts")) ; 

In that line, add one more parameter & it become like this. Or replace the whole line with below line

$args = array( 'post_type' => 'post','posts_per_page' => 4,'post__not_in'=>get_option("sticky_posts"),'cat'=> '10' ); 

You will notice only ,'cat'=>'10' is added. where the value 10  are the category Id which you want to show on homepage posts.
    Above plugin add one column which reveals ID like this http://prntscr.com/ia8xea

This way you can customize feature to show only specific categories on homepage.

Let me know if further need assistance.

Thanks