How do I put HTML formating in Tabs and Acordion shortcodes?

edited November 2014 in HealthCentre
It looks like your Tabs shortcode does not allow for HTML formatting in the tag content. If I have more than one paragraph in the tag content, only the first paragraph will appear in the tag content box and the rest is out of the box. See example here:
http://elite-healthcare.net/about-us/

The code I have for these tags is:
[tabgroup tabs_title="About Us"]

[tabs tabs_title="Who We Are" wrap="yes" tabs_text='Since 1997, Elite Healthcare caregivers have been providing the finest home care services delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. One of the most caring and dedicated home health care providers in Northern New Jersey, Elite Healthcare offers a full range of home care services, from personal care to rehabilitation, for pediatric, adult, and geriatric clients.

Elite Healthcare, with locations in Hackensack, Jersey City and Newark, New Jersey, needs only pull from its file cabinet drawer full of fan mail when asked to account for its performance under crisis over the years. According to Nechama Pessar RN, BSN, who co-founded Elite Healthcare in 1997, "People have been very kind in expressing their appreciation for the caliber of care we provide. I have a stack of letters and notes, every one of which is a source of pride to every one here at Elite."

NJ Home Care Certifications and Accreditations

Health Care Service Firm, Licensed by the State of New Jersey,
Department of Law & Public Safety, Division of Consumer Affairs
Homemaker – Home Health Aide Service Provider accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Home Care, Inc. (CAHC)
Insured
Medicaid Certified Provider

Several governmental agencies refer clients to Elite Healthcare. While the reasons for the referrals are diverse, the common thread in all of these referrals is Elite’s reputation for enabling safe living in the home for the elderly, disabled, handicapped and children.'/]

[tabs tabs_title="What We Offer" wrap="no" tabs_text='Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipricies sem Unlimited ColorsCras pulvin, maurisoicituding adipiscing, Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consect adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euis udin'/]

[tabs tabs_title="Why Choose Us" wrap="no" tabs_text='Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipricies sem Unlimited ColorsCras pulvin, maurisoicituding adipiscing, Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consect adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euis udin'/]

[tabs tabs_title="What You Should Expect" wrap="no" tabs_text='Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipricies sem Unlimited ColorsCras pulvin, maurisoicituding adipiscing, Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consect adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euis udin'/]

[/tabgroup]

Comments

• hiii

In about-us.php you have to make following changes for wrapping whole paragraph in single box.

Find class="hc_short_tabs_content" in your <p> tag and remove it.
    Now replace <div class="tab-pane fade active in" id="WhowrWewrAre">
    with <div class="hc_short_tabs_content" id="WhowrWewrAre">

Thanks
    Vijay

• Vijay,
    class="hc_short_tabs_content" does not appear in any of the aboutus.php templates.
    Which files do I need to do this change in?

Thanks,
  • hii

First of all you have to use firebug for inspecting element then find the class which are appear within <p> tag.
    Then cut this class and replace the <div> class using this class.
    Remember that you need to make same changes in about-us.php. Firebug only help for inspecting the elements.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Thanks
    Vijay 
  • Vijay,
    I don't know what firebug is or how to use it. The aboutus.php template does not contain any formatting for the Tabs shortcode. I think you getting confused and looking at the source of the final page http://elite-healthcare.net/about-us/ instead of looking at the PHP code of the Tabs implementation in the template which I believe is in the theme at
    healthcentre-pro >> functions >> shortcodes

Please review again what I asked originally and provide a solution.

BTW: the template is aboutus.php not about-us.php.

Thanks,
  • HI

If you want to add seperate paragraphs than instead of using enter key add br tag at the end of each paragraph

Something like this 

[tabgroup tabs_title="About Us"]

[tabs tabs_title="Who We Are" wrap="yes" tabs_text='Since 1997, Elite Healthcare caregivers have been providing the finest home care services delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. One of the most caring and dedicated home health care providers in Northern New Jersey, Elite Healthcare offers a full range of home care services, from personal care to rehabilitation, for pediatric, adult, and geriatric clients<br>.<br>Elite Healthcare, with locations in Hackensack, Jersey City and Newark, New Jersey, needs only pull from its file cabinet drawer full of fan mail when asked to account for its performance under crisis over the years. According to Nechama Pessar RN, BSN, who co-founded Elite Healthcare in 1997, "People have been very kind in expressing their appreciation for the caliber of care we provide. I have a stack of letters and notes, every one of which is a source of pride to every one here at Elite."<br>NJ Home Care Certifications and Accreditations<br>Health Care Service Firm, Licensed by the State of New Jersey,<br>Department of Law & Public Safety, Division of Consumer Affairs<br>Homemaker – Home Health Aide Service Provider accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Home Care, Inc. (CAHC)InsuredMedicaid Certified Provider<br>Several governmental agencies refer clients to Elite Healthcare. While the reasons for the referrals are diverse, the common thread in all of these referrals is Elite’s reputation for enabling safe living in the home for the elderly, disabled, handicapped and children.'/]

[tabs tabs_title="What We Offer" wrap="no" tabs_text='Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipricies sem Unlimited ColorsCras pulvin, maurisoicituding adipiscing, Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consect adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euis udin'/]

[tabs tabs_title="Why Choose Us" wrap="no" tabs_text='Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipricies sem Unlimited ColorsCras pulvin, maurisoicituding adipiscing, Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consect adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euis udin'/]

[tabs tabs_title="What You Should Expect" wrap="no" tabs_text='Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipricies sem Unlimited ColorsCras pulvin, maurisoicituding adipiscing, Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consect adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euis udin'/]

[/tabgroup]
  • Imran, I tried br tags. It doesn't work. Once you save the page all HTML tags including the br tag get removed.

Please provide a fix to allow for full HTML formatting within the Tabs short code.

Thanks,
  • Hi 

use this instruction to use <br> tag in content Editor 

Follow these Attachment Image for changes in your content editor

Thanks.. 
    about-shortcode.png
    1600 x 900 - 247K
  • edited November 2014
    Imran, this is not a solution and is not acceptable!

If you try to use two break tags to leave a space between two paragraphs it doesn't work. Also you cannot use paragraph tags.

A solution must work in visual mode to allow for editors without HTML skills to change the content of the tab.

Please provide a proper solution.

Thank you,
  • edited November 2014
    Hi 

Sorry for your inconvenience .

Kindly Do the below  changes in your parent theme file.

Repalce the code of shortcodes.php file  ( which is located at Theme Package << functions << shortcodes folder <<shortcodes.php file)  with the code of shortcodes.txt file (which is given below in the attachment ).

Find the attachment .

Let me know for any confusion .

Thanks 

Akhilesh

shortcodes.txt
  • Thank you Akhilesh. It looks good now.

Can you make sure that these changes apply to all other shortcodes like the Acordion?

Also since this change was made on the parent theme I assume you will be rolling it into the next update of the theme.
  • Hi  

Yes , Its apply to all the other shortcodes .

And We will  add this roll  in next  update . 

If you allow  Then ,  Can I close this ticket ?

Thanks 

Akhilesh
  • yes you can close this ticket. thank you.
This discussion has been closed.