How to link Home Page Slider images to Pages?

edited November 2014 in HealthCentre
In this discussion http://www.webriti.com/support/discussion/758/how-to-put-links-on-home-page-sliding-images#Item_5 you provided replacement files for post-meta.php and index-slider.php files to support links in the sliders.

If I use a child theme healthcentre-pro-child where should I place these files? Do I need to create this folder structure in the child theme?

healthcentre-pro-child>>function>>metabox>>post-meta.php

healthcentre-pro-child>>index-slider.php

Thanks

Comments

• Hi 

Yes,  In your child theme folder which is( healthcenter-pro-child )  create  

functions folder >>meta-box folder >> post-meta.php  file .

And after it  create  
    index-slider.php  file in your child theme directory .

Then copy past the code from  this thread  LINK .

Thanks 

Akhilesh

• Hi 

Did the above solution work ?

Thanks 
  • No. I followed your instructions and I do not get a place to put the link when I add or edit a slide.

Please provide a solution.

Thanks
  • Hi 

Okay ,  Instead of the above solution  kindly follow the given below steps .

Step 1 -   Copy the code from post-meta.txt (which is given  below in the attachment ) and past it into the file post-meta.php file of your parent theme (which is located at Theme Folder << functions folder >>meta-box folder >> post-meta.php  file ).

Step 2  Replace the code of index-slider.php code with the code of index-slider.txt file (which is given below in the attachment ).

Then GO TO WP Admin Dashboard << Featured Slider << click on add new slide << then you will find a Slider Image Link field  , enter your url into this field .

Hope I made my point clear , Let me know for any  help , We will always here for your help .

Thanks 

Akhilesh

post-meta.txt
    index-slider.txt
  • edited November 2014
    Thank you it works.
    Now since this fix was applied to the parent theme instead of the child theme, what does it mean in terms of future updates of the theme?
    Would a future update wipe out this fix or you going to role this feature in your next update?
  • Hi 

We will  add this feature in next  update .

If you Allow , Can I close this ticket ?

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
This discussion has been closed.