XML Demo File Won't Import into WordPress

When I try to import the XML file, I get an error message about some missing code:

Import: wpml-config.xml

Then this error message shows up in WordPress:

Sorry, there has been an error.
This does not appear to be a WXR file, missing/invalid WXR version number.

True enough...there's no mention in the .xml file of WXR. 

The file starts out like this:
<wpml-config>
<admin-texts>
<key name='hc_pro_options'>
<key name='site_intro_tex' />
<key name='call_now_text' />
<key name='call_now_number' />
<key name='service_title'
??
Thank you

Comments

• Thanks for contacting to us . 
    Download  all dummy data files from the LINK

Download the plugin One Click Demo Import and import all three downloaded files respectively as like in the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/jrjtya

Now select the primary menu in Menu settings then set it as your primary menu. At last, don't forget to save menu.

Please Note:- In your case, you already imported dummy-content XML file. So now it's better to try after resetting your database. But while resetting you will lose all your WordPress posts, pages, comments etc & it just becomes as fresh WordPress installedDo rest your database at your own risk. You can use the plugin WordPress Reset for the same.

Let me know did it work.

Thanks
  • Unfortunately, I followed your suggestions, but nothing much happened to the site. Didn't turn into the demo. There is a lot of  content missing, such as shown in the attached file.

Thank you.

temp.png
  • Hello
    You attached our theme file . Its not  content . 
    To set theme content also you need to read our help docs link .

Let me know for further assistance .

Thanks 
  • I went here but saw nothing about setting theme content for the Health Center Pro theme.

Sorry, I still can't get the demo content... 
    A step is missing I think. Here's what I do:

1. I download these files:

health-content.xml 2017-07-24 06:38 714K  
    health-customize.dat 2017-07-24 07:35 5.1K  
    health-widget.json 2017-07-24 06:38 3.5K  

2. I go to Appearance Import Demo Data and select these files:

Manual demo files upload

Choose a XML file for content import: health-content.xml

Choose a WIE or JSON file for widget import: health-widget.json

Choose a DAT file for customizer import: health-customize.dat

3. I click the Import Demo Data button.

In only about two seconds it's finished, saying "That's it, all done!
    The demo import has finished. Please check your page and make sure that everything has imported correctly. If it did, you can deactivate the One Click Demo Import plugin, because it has done its job."

4. So where is the content? Why isn't the Media Library, for example, full of the images that should have been imported as part of the demo?

Sorry for the misunderstanding but those three files are just text and somehow the actual content is elsewhere. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• https://webriti.com/help/category/themes/busiprof/

Do you have a different link about setting theme content for Health Center Pro (or even a general description for any theme)?

The above link just shows these topics:

How to make Multi Language Site using BusiProf Theme

A Multilingual website provides content in more than one language. You can set up a multilingual WordPress website with a great plugin known as Polylang, there are a couple of ways that to create multilingual sites but this is one method. This guide looks at setting up a multilingual website with a free plugin maintained […]

Read More →

How to add contact info in top header section BusiProf theme?

You can display email & social icons in the top header section. Your visitor can find and contact quickly. You can add further information using Appearance Customize. Now I will explain to you how to add details. Refer the screenshot. 1. How to add email and other details? Go to => WP-Menu => Widgets =>  Here […]

Thank  you.
  • edited August 2018
    Hello
    Its Really strange .
    If possible send me your  admin detail at my email address .

So that we can check whats going wrong with your end . 

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • Hello
    Oops I was sent you busiprof theme help docs link . 
    Ignore previous help docs link and refer below link 

Sorry for your inconvenience. 

Thanks   
  • I think the problem might be that the three files do not contain images, so visual content is merely URLs

health-content.xml 2017-07-24 06:38 714K  
    health-customize.dat 2017-07-24 07:35 5.1K  
    health-widget.json 2017-07-24 06:38 3.5K  

In other words, this isn't a backup of the demo, it's a description of its structure and text (not visual) content. 

Best, Richard
  • I'm still trying to get the demo working. Please help.

When I go to the page you say I should download from, how do I download these files? 
    There is no option to download when you right-click in the Chrome browser (see attached file)
    Thank you.

download.png
  • edited September 2018
    Hi
    To download the file click on the file  and open in chrome  then right click and save as  the file .
    See the snapshot http://prntscr.com/kwwsoa. ;

Make  sure file extension should be same as original file name .  

Thanks 
    Akhilesh