How to create products categories and blog categories?

edited August 2018 in Busiprof
Thank you in advance for help.
Needs:
1. I want to bulid web just for products description, not online buy. So i need a menue: 
   PRODUCTS> Products1  prodcts2   products3.    (products article will put in products 1/2/3)
2. When i open my products 1 for example, there are list of articles(just show thumbnail and tile of articles)

What should i do to meet my needs?

Thank you very much for your quick response.
Alec

Comments

• edited August 2018
    I create article Categories, but there is a problems. 

When i click Products menue, the articles were chaos, i want the article to show as a list of small pictue, and also have the article title under or on the picture.

Very urgent plz give me advices.   I want the Products page to be very clean and tidy, 1 page show 6-9 articles. (the picture should to be smaller)

Thank you.
  • Hi @woolars

Thanks for asking query to us . We have little confusion regarding your issue . 
    Pls tell us your issue step by step whats do you want exactly .
    Means are you want  to show  specific product specific page .
    So that we can assist you better . 

Thanks 
  • If you do read my post clearly, you will understand. 
  • Hi 
    Share the page URL on which you want to do layout customisation . 

Thanks  
  • OK, i will explain again:

1. I added a
    Products menue on the HOME page. It has many sub menue: https://woolars.com/category/products/
    2. when i click Products, i want the articles to list in line and in row. just like this  http://www.sczdlj.com/product
    3. Current articles are too long, picture are too big. I want it just show small picture and article title only. (The content of the article will show only after i click it)
    4. I don't want the Recent post, Meta, Recent Comment and Categories, how can i delet these(on the right side of the web page.). 

Thank you so much for your time.
  • Dear akhilesh,

Could you plz help me solve this probem, really aprreciate for your help. 
    Alec
  • Hello

To do so, you need to create a child theme ,For creating child  theme refer this link .
    . Ignore if you have already created child theme .After it  Create a new file in the child theme with name  category.php  and edit it, then paste the code in it from https://pastebin.com/gCAGUsBr

Save changes and activate your child theme.
    Hope it will work for you .

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • Dear Akhilesh, 

I download  Child Theme Creator by Orbisius  and activated it.
    May i ask how to create category.php?  I don't know where to create this files?

Verey appreciate if you could provide a more detailed tutorial. 
    Thank you very much.
  • 1. See picture 1, i already installed the plugin.
    2. when i click Create child theme, i see picture 2, but i don't know what to do next.
    3. And where can i create category.php? plz guide me detailed steps. 

I am newbie, thank you for your patience.
    1.png
    2.png
  • if i need to install a new child them, what is the name of the theme? Seems there is no theme to install.
  • Dear akhilesh,

I tried many times and finally work out, thank you.
  • HI 
    Glade to know that its work for you !
    If you really like our theme and support pls give rate us here . 
    Look forward see you again at webriti.

Thanks 
This discussion has been closed.