Error When Installing Theme

Trying to upload the archive folder as per instructions and I am getting the following error message. 

Installing Theme from uploaded file: archive.php

Unpacking the package…

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Does anyone know what this means?

download-1.png

Comments

• Hi
    Thanks for asking query to us .

You are trying to upload other than ZIP Compressed version. Other compression formats are not supported while uploading a theme in wordpress.
    When installing any theme in WordPress, the file should be uploaded as .zip file.
    Pls download theme again and upload theme again .

You can try FTP utility to upload theme .

Refer below link how to upload theme via FTP utility .

http://dappercodes.com/installing-wordpress-theme-via-ftp/

Thanks
    Akhilesh
  • Hi,

Thanks I have installed this as a zip file through wordpress and it worked. However, when I upload the theme it's not like the one I bought, My address and contact details are where the slider should be and it looks nothing like the theme that you advertised which is what I want. It's a mess.

I reset my wordpress and reinstalled the theme to see if that worked but it's no great improvement. Can I install the template please as you have advertised? exactly as it was advertised i.e. slider, ctas, phone numbers etc.

I need this done asap and have now applied for your installation service? Is this a waste of money or have I completed the installation process already? Could someone please contact me?

Niall  
  • Here's the theme I get
    download-2.png
  • Here is the theme that is advertised. I want this theme so I can edit it.
    download-3.png
  • HI 
    Send me your admin detail at my email address 

I will install theme for you . 

Thanks 
  • Thanks. Will send details over now.
  • Issue resolve via email . 
    Closing this ticket .

Thanks 
This discussion has been closed.