Blog Display on Front Page

How can I display only an excerpt of recent blogs on the front page and link to the actual rather than the whole blog cluttering up the front page? Also, how to limit the the number of blogs that show up there.

Comments

• Hello
    Thanks for asking query to us . 
    To limit the number of blog post on home page blog section .
    For this follow the given below instruction . 

Find the index-blog.php file located in your theme folder . 

Open it and find the below line of code on line no 25 . 

$args = array( 'post_type' => 'post','posts_per_page' => 4,'post__not_in'=>get_option("sticky_posts")) ; 

Replace it with below line of code . 

$args = array( 'post_type' => 'post','posts_per_page' => 8,'post__not_in'=>get_option("sticky_posts")) ; 

Change post  per page value as your need . 

Thanks 
  • Thanks. That helps. However, that does not answer how to only show a portion of the blog and link to the actual full-length blog.

Also, does this mess up any upcoming updates to the theme?
  • edited June 2018
    Hello 
    To show limited desired content on home page blog section use read more  tag . 
    Insert more tag  into the post editor   content   where you want to  show read  more button . 
    Regarding  more tag refer this link 

To prevent lost of  changes  when you update theme . 
    Use child theme  , refer this link  same query suggested using child theme . 

Let  me know for any confusion .

Thanks 
  • It seems that there should be a functionality to show only the first 200 characters (or whatever number would be appropriate). So many other themes handle this as a matter of functionality. This is a negative tick on my star rating.