How can I stop a short blog post opening as a full page, for those that don't have 'read more'?

edited May 2018 in Busiprof
A lot of our blog posts are short and don't require a 'read more' - and I don't want these posts each opening as an individual full page. Can I have the option to choose whether or not this happens? Can something be added into the CMS.

Comments

• Hello 
    Thanks for asking query to us . 
    Let us confirm , what do you want exactly . Means are you want read more for desired post on blog page . 
    Am I right ?

If yes let me know which blog template are you using . (Means  Blog right , blog left template , ect ). 

So that we can assist you better . 

Thanks 
  • The main blog page - https://www.streetskitchen.org/street-news uses BLOG MASONRY 3 COL template (screenshot 1). 

Clicking on a blog title opens the blog in a new page - https://www.streetskitchen.org/2018/05/bbc-news-filming (screenshot 2)

A lot of our blog posts are very short and don't need to link to a full page, I want the option to not open as a full page / not link the title. 

Blog ss 1.jpg
    Blog ss 2.jpg
  • Hello
    We have done analysis on   your issue  . 
    We can remove link from all the post title but we can not remove  link from the selected post . 
    So its better remove link from all the post and  add  read more button on selected post . 

If you want to remove link from All the post  and wants read more button on selected post let me know . 

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • Hello Akhilesh,

Thanks for your reply. Yes please remove the link from the post titles/ all posts, and only have the 'read only' button.

ALSO - how do I change the size of the 'read more' text to one size smaller, so it fits the blue button better?
  • Hello
    To  remove link from from all post title on the blog masury three column template . 

Follow the given below instruction . 

1 Find the content-masonry.php file located in your theme  folder . 

2 Open it and replace the code of it with the code mention in this link

• To reduce  read more text font size add the below css code inside the  Appearance >>  Customizer >> additional css box . 

.site-content .more-link {
        font-size: 13px;
    }

Change font size as your need . 

Let me know for further assistance . 

Thanks
  • Thanks that changes the font size on the Blog Page, but not on the home page (we use Projects as blog on home page)
  • Also the blue button is too big, how to change that? 
    blog page.png
    homepage.png
  • I can't find this?? How do I change this?

Hello
    To  remove link from from all post title on the blog masury three column template . 

Follow the given below instruction . 

1 Find the content-masonry.php file located in your theme  folder . 

2 Open it and replace the code of it with the code mention in this link 
  • Hello 
    To find the  content-masonry.php file 
    Install wp-editor plugin then  Go to  Appearance  >> Theme editor and  select busiprof theme . 
    More help see the below snapshot.

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • Is it possible for someone to login and do that for me?
  • Hi
    Send me your admin detail at my email address

[email protected]

I will do the changes as you want .

Thanks
  • Hi 
    Any update here ?

Thanks