make email and phonenumber work

Hello Webriti,

How can I make the telephone number and email that is located at the top right of all pages work? So that if someone clicks on it from a mobile phone the phone number is dialed and by e-mail that an email program appears.
Also like an explanation how that works on the page “contact” in the blocks in the middle of that page.

Thank you so much in advance
Nikolien

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Hi nstringa

For make phone no clickable  go to Appearance >> customizer >>  Template setting >>   Find the contact page phone setting.
    And find the  Phone no one field . 
    And enter below html code . 

<a href="tel:1234567">123-4567</a>

For make email clickable kindly add  below code inside the 
    Customizer >> Template  Setting > >  Contact page email field . 

Kindly changed the your contact no. and Email address.

Let me know did it work.

Thanks
  • http://www.juwelierarends.nl/wp-admin/customize.php?return=/wp-admin/

Hi Prajapati,

I can't find a field in those contact page phone setting were i can add the code.
    That's the same fot the contact page email settings

Or do i look at the wrong place?

Thanks, 
    Nikolien
  • Hi nstringa

Kindly open the below help article and see the 2. How to Change Contact Details.

Here you can see the Header contact info (Phone no one and Email one ) and Contact page info (Phone no two and Email two)
  • Hi Prajapati,

Thanks for your answer. But that's not the question. 
    The question is: when you display the website on a mobile phone and you see the phonenumber you click on it, the mobile phone automaticly dials the number.
    And by email: when you are on a computer or laptop and you click on the email adress, the email program is automaticly starting up. 

There are 2 areas in the template where i want this to work: 1: in the right upper corner on every page of the website and 2: on the contact page in the blocks on the middle of the page.

Thanks, 
    Nikolien
  • edited March 2018
    Hi nstringa

IF you want use clickable ( dials up ) the mobile no. in only mobile view not desktop that only possible to use below wordpress plugin this is freely available in wordpress.org.

This button will show like the screenshot in mobile  http://prntscr.com/irfc0w

Let me know.

Thanks
  • Nikolien,

For your question below... he is saying to add the code directly to the space where you enter the email address. It will be clickable then. I asked the same thing and it works now on both the Home page and also the Contact page. There is no CSS or Code box, you just enter the code in the field that says "email" or "phone.  :)

Shelly

Hi Prajapati,

I can't find a field in those contact page phone setting were i can add the code.
    That's the same fot the contact page email settings

Or do i look at the wrong place?

Thanks, 
    Nikolien