font change

How can I change and consolidate all the font at once?

I attached my css, but I guess there's mistake in it

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi, @masaists

Please let me know the type of font you need for Appointment theme? I will send you the custom code for the same.

Thanks
  • hi  @imraz

メイリオ is the one. If impossible, then "Meiryo UI"

font-family: "メイリオ", sans-serif;

Thanks

• It's become possible with font "Meiryo UI"

Create a child theme, ignore if already using.

Create a folder with name fonts in the child theme. Copy MeiryoUI.ttf file after Unzip this downloaded zip file and past it into the fonts folder. Activate your child theme.

Then, copy & paste the below CSS rules in your theme’s custom CSS field:

@font-face {
       font-family: 'Meiryo UI';
       src: url('MeiryoUI.eot');
       src: url('MeiryoUI.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
            url('MeiryoUI.woff') format('woff'),
            url('MeiryoUI.ttf') format('truetype'),
            url('MeiryoUI.svg#Meiryo UI') format('svg');
       font-weight: normal;
       font-style: normal;
    }

* {
        font-family: 'Meiryo UI', 'sans-serif' !important;
    }

Let me know did it work.

Thanks
  • Hi imraz,
    Isn't there any other way without child theme?

actually @prajapati kindly me a child theme, but do you think I need to change prajapati's theme?

Thanks
  • edited March 2018

We always recommend using a child theme to save the modification. Accept mostly that modification which comes with a child theme. You will lose all modification if it is done directly in the parent theme after installation of the nex updated theme.

However, you can do the same without using the child theme. Open parent theme directory and paste the MeiryoUI.ttf  file into the fonts folder. And paste the above CSS rules in custom CSS box.

Let me know did it work.

Thanks
  • Hi imraz,

So it isn't only using CSS CUSTOMIZATION as usual?

if possible, I'd like no to change other than CSS CUSTOMIZATION as I dont wanna touch other files and get it bad..

Thanks
  • edited March 2018

You could add this simple change since it is not altering any file code in parent theme. Just need to place one font file ( MeiryoUI.ttf ) in fonts folder and need to paste custom CSS  rules in the theme's custom CSS box for the implementation of MeiryoUI font-family. ( You can do this either using a child theme or in parent theme )

Let me know did you added this font-family successfully.

Thanks
  • Hi  prajapati

Does this need to change your child theme?

Hi @imraz
    actually, my child theme was kindly created by him, so let's see what is the best to do, as one mistake happen in theme file, everything sometimes go bad
  • Hi, @masaists

You may be a little bit confused with the child theme. It's just another folder which only inherits files from your parent theme except those which already present in the child theme.

Don't worry, for your sake just allow @prajapati to add this change to the child theme. May @prajapati already has your admin details.

Thanks
  • Hi @imraz

yes, and now I allowed my server to let   prajapati  access my admin.

Pls check.

Thanks,

• Changes are applied, please check and let me confirm.

Thanks
  • Hi @imraz and   prajapati  

Thank you very much, but something went wrong, it seems.

(1) icons gone. pls check attached file

(2)font is ok, but is it possible to change from "Meiryo UI" to "メイリオ"?
    "Meiryo UI" to "メイリオ" are close so I asked "Meiryo UI" , but it looks worse than before. I understand it's bothering you, so if you cancel change, I'd try to do it by myself..

Thanks,
    a.PNG
  • Hi @imraz and   prajapati  

If  "メイリオ" doesn't work with your PC, pls try "Meiryo" but not Meiryo UI.

this is reference URL

If this is too much work, pls just cancel your change to previous one, I'll try learning css.

Thanks
  • Hi, @masaists

Since I forget to dequeue the Open Sans fonts that's why icons get gone.

But now dequeued the Open Sans fonts, check again for Meiryo UI and let me know. If want simple Meiryo font, let me know again else if you want to remove any font change I will do that also.

Thanks
  • Hi @imraz
    Yes, if it’s ok pls try changing all font to Meiryo
  • Hi, @masaists 

Added Meiryo font, but maybe I did not recognize any differentiable changes. Please check this at your end. Although it is implemented successfully as I inspect HTML elements after page load. If you have any other Meiryo font file, you could share me to add it.
  • Hi @imraz
    Haha, maybe for you. For Japanese, you kindly made a huge difference, and now its perfect!!

by the way, should I delete below code from css customization? Bcuz, you set the font via child theme and below code might be useless anymore

-------------------------------------
    .footer-contact-area h4 { font-family: "メイリオ", Meiryo, Osaka, "ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3", "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro", "MS Pゴシック";} 

• Glade to help you!

Yes, you can remove it now. It will not effect.
  • done and done!!

Thanks!!
  • Any issue later, feel free to ask again!

We would really appreciate if you could provide us a kind review here:

Thanks for contacting us :)
This discussion has been closed.