Slider only show the image on the first slide

Support,

Is it possible to add a first slider with an image only (no text or button link), when I leave the fields blank the transparent black blank slider image section "still appears", the background image is OK. 

I still want the other sliders to view as standard with title, text and button attributes/functions.

Thanks in advance

Terry

Comments

• For this you need to fix this with some custom code.

Go to in your theme directory >> index-slider.php and find custom code in https://pastebin.com/8BZiW0JA ;

Replace all index-slider.php code with link code 

Thanks for the point out on this in next update we will add this code in our theme.

Thanks
  • Hi A,

Sorry this link (above) is empty "This page is no longer available. It has either expired, been removed by its creator, or removed by one of the Pastebin staff."

Regards

Terry

• Hi 

Ok go to through this link https://pastebin.com/8BZiW0JA

Thanks
    A
  • Hi A,

I now have this link (thanks) but editing by the theme, appearance, editor (find index-slider.php). I firstly deleted the original code and pasted the new code in gives me the following error when updating the file within the dashboard:- Unable to communicate back with site to check for fatal errors, so the PHP change was reverted. You will need to upload your PHP file change by some other means, such as by using SFTP. 

Please advise on the correct way to update please.

Regards
    Terry
  • Hi terrymcdonnell

Its working perfect on our end 

Please Delete all code form your child theme index-slider.php and then paste this given custom code.

If still its not work for you Let me know.

Thanks
    A
  • Hi A,

Unfortunately no, I have noticed if it don't edit (copy and paste) and just select the up date file (button) I still get this error, is there another way I can upload the new code with out using the dashboard, appearance, edit section ?.

I checked this error within google forums and it's directing me to a possible plugin problem and directs me look at and to use a health check plugin but there are no errors on the dashboard and all software/plugins installaed are currently up to date ?.

Thanks 
    Terry
  • Hi terrymcdonnell

Please share your site admin details on my email id [email protected]

We will fix this for you.

Thanks
    A

• Fixed your issue please check your site and let me know.

Thanks
    A
  • Hi A,

Yes I have tested this and it works a treat, many thanks for all your help, it really appreciated.

Thanks again 
    Terry
  • Hi terrymcdonnell

Glad we were able to help you. if you’re happy with our quick support and product can you please leave us a generous review here. we will appreciate a lot.

Closing this ticket.

Thanks
    A

This discussion has been closed.