Both Facebook Feed and Facebook Feed Pro are broken

Hi Abhishek,

I posted this in the wrong place initially:

I have been updating some websites today and i've got one that is breaking the website quite badly, please see:
https://screenshots.firefox.com/lckCNwG9aKwzcMWu/www.ctconstructionsw.co.uk

Error here with the latest Pro Version (Which I didn't notice you had updated it, do you have some mailing list for it?):

[10-Oct-2017 11:51:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /home/accountname/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-feed-pro/facebook-feed-shortcode.php:193
Stack trace:
#0 /home/accountname/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-feed-pro/facebook-feed-shortcode.php(1429): build_my_photo_html(Object(stdClass), Array)
#1 /home/accountname/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(345): wff_shortcode_display(Array, '', 'facebook-feed')
#2 [internal function]: do_shortcode_tag(Array)
#3 /home/accountname/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(223): preg_replace_callback('/\\[(\\[?)(facebo...', 'do_shortcode_ta...', '[facebook-feed]...')
#4 /home/accountname/public_html/wp-content/themes/Impreza/framework/shortcodes/vc_column_text.php(35): do_shortcode('[facebook-feed]...')
#5 /home/accountname/public_html/wp-content/themes/Impreza/framework/functions/shortcodes.php(169): require('/home/ct...')
#6 /home/accountname/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(345): US_Shortc in /home/accountname/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-feed-pro/facebook-feed-shortcode.php on line 193

The free version was giving this last night:

[09-Oct-2017
21:09:53 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of
type stdClass as array in
/home/accountname/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-feed/facebook-feed-shortcode.php:163
Stack trace:

/home/accountname/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-feed/facebook-feed-shortcode.php(1037):
build_my_photo_html(Object(stdClass), Array)
#1 /home/accountname/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(345): wff_shortcode_display(Array, '', 'facebook-feed')
#2 [internal function]: do_shortcode_tag(Array)
/home/accountname/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(223):
preg_replace_callback('/\\[(\\[?)(facebo...', 'do_shortcode_ta...',
'[facebook-feed]...')
/home/accountname/public_html/wp-content/themes/Impreza/framework/shortcodes/vc_column_text.php(35):
do_shortcode('[facebook-feed]...')
/home/accountname/public_html/wp-content/themes/Impreza/framework/functions/shortcodes.php(169):
require('/home/ctconstru...')
/home/accountname/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(345):
US_Shortcodes->__ in
/home/accountname/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-feed/facebook-feed-shortcode.php
on line 163

Can you please look at this and correct it?

Same thing happens with a default theme selected as well.

Thanks
Steven

Comments

• Hi Abhishek,

I have over 30 websites affected with this to let you know and have had to remove the feed from all of them as it completely made every website unuasable.

If you could update it through the normal WordPress.org channel I can get this sorted asap.

Could I suggest that you please update the plugin more often to avoid things like this from happening?

Thanks
    Steven
  • Hi infosws

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We are working on this and release a new update ASAP and let you know. Then you can update your plugin.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks
    A
  • We have the same problem with a number of websites -  for information, as a temporary fix in the plugin settings we have disabled various Post Type Filters.  

Strangely, on some websites we can just disable the Event filter and leave the others and that works okay, whereas on other sites the plugin won't work until we disable all but the Status filter.  

Obviously this isn't ideal but at least some Facebook feed items are being displayed for our sites.

Regards,

Nick
  • Hi @nickburton, @infosws

Yes there was a issue is our old plugin version. we have just release a new version 1.6.4 with the fixed you can download plugin latest version from webriti amember area  https://webriti.com/amember/login

Let me know did it work for you.

Thanks
    A
  • Hi Abhishek,

I assume this is only for the Pro version of the plugin?
    The majority I have at the moment are using the free version, will you be updating this one soon also?

I will try and test one now for you, I am a bit short for time at the moment, doing 40 things at once :)

Thanks
    Steven
  • Heya,

Pro version checks in good!
    Please let me know when you update the free one and I will get right on it.

Thanks
    Steven
  • Hi infosws

Today we will update free version then you can update your free plugin from wordpress.org

closing this ticket.

Thanks
    A
This discussion has been closed.