Redirection correction

Comments

• Hi  infosws

Thank you for being our customer.

Let me clear did you want a setting to remove author image from the post. 
    As like we already provided you in facebook lite plugin https://wordpress.org/support/topic/redirection-correction/
    If yes let me know we will again provide you functionality to remove author image from post with setting.

Thanks
    A
  • Hi Abhishek,

If you could with this one, can you fix the redirect to stop it from happening?

Removing it with the lite was the easist option there, this time I would like to keep it if we can :)

Thanks
  • Hi infosws

Can i ask you for your site URL. So we can check image redirect and let you know about better fix.

Thanks
    A
  • Hi,

Here is the website I have it running on: https://tonefm.co.uk/
    Here is a GTMetrix report (Site needs some work): https://gtmetrix.com/reports/tonefm.co.uk/tXaLhICl

Thanks
  • Hi Abhishek,

While posting my other reply, I had a thought about this.

If you remember we spoke about this for the free plugin, and for that we simply removed the image from loading.

In this case, could you make an option where a user can upload / use thier own image?

This would then save the request to Facebook for it and should be faster at loading without any performance loss (As long as the user uploads an optimised image).

How does that sound?

Thanks
    Steven
  • edited August 2017
    Hi infosws

We are working on your query. if possible we will fix this and let you know ASAP

Thanks
    A
  • Hi Abhishek,

Awesome, let me know if I can be of any further help :)

Thanks
    Steven
  • Hi Abhishek,

Hows things going?

Would love to get this sorted, its really letting your plugin down :(

Thanks
    Steven
  • Hi infosws,

Yes, there is some fixed for you. Please share your site admin details on my email id [email protected]
    so we can add fixed and check on your end.

Thanks
    A

• Hi Abhishek,

Are you not going to update the plugin with these new features?
    It seems like its been a few months now since you have updated this plugin.

Can you not push an update so everyone can enjoy these new features?

It would be nice not to have to hack your plugin on every installation as it becomes cumbersome to correct when you have installed it on 30 + websites.

If you can update with the features, that would be amazing not only for me, but all your customers.

Thanks
    Steven
  • Hi @infosws,

We have done lots of research on this FacebooAPIpi did not allow us to find our the image directly without redirection.

For now, we have customized code according to your need. and want to check on your end this helps you to reduce site speed or not.

If any solution in future to remove redirect and get image direct from Facebook. we will fix this and release a new version and let you know.

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thanks
    A   
  • Hi Abhishek,

I see, it doesn't suprise me as companies like Facebook are not very helpful at all.
    I'll try and find a website I can test this on and i'll email you soon.

Thanks again for your work on this and i'll be in touch soon.

Thanks
    Steven
  • Hi Abhishek,

Sorry I really don't have the time at the moment to look at this now.

Are you not going to update the plugin?
    Its been a very long time now, going to waste really.

Thanks
    Steven