Adding new social icons

Hi!

Could you add feature for adding new social icons instead of fixed set?
I would like to add link for Telegram

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• fa-paper-plane will be good for Telegram icon.
    But I think user need to add any social link with any icon
  • Hi
    You want to addintional social icon here . 
    Indicated inside the snapshot . http://prntscr.com/fycg5h  

Pls clear us so that we can assist you better . 

Thanks 

• Indicated inside the snapshot . http://prntscr.com/fycg5h  
    Yes. But it will be better, if WP admin will can add any new icon. Not from fixed set. For any new social network.

• Any updates?
  • edited August 2017
    Hi
    Sorry for delay reply .
    Adding option in WP-Admin area required much code customization . 

So right now I am only suggesting you how can add  Telegram additional social  icon .

For this we need to edit into the theme core file . So firstly I would like to suggest you to create child theme .
    To create child theme refer this link .

After creating child theme follow the given below instruction .
    1 Find the header.php file located in your child theme directory .
    2 Replace the code of it with the code mention in this link .

Step 2   Add link for telegram icon .
    Again edit the header.php file and find the below line of code on line no 168 .
    $social .='<li class="youtube"><a href="enter your Telegram link" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-paper-plane"></i></a></li>';

Change the href  value as your need .

Thanks
  • I think, you need extract social icons from header.php into separate file. Because now I will make a duplicates for a lot of logic in header.php.
  • Hi 
    Let me know did you follow the above instruction or not . 
    I didn't understood what  you means . 
    Pls clear so . 

Thanks 
  • I mean you need put social icons into separated file social_icons.php. And this include this file into header.php
    Then people can copy social_icons.php into child theme. Instead of coping whole header.php.
    Also you have social icons in footer.
  • edited August 2017
    Hi 
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    In this version its not possible . I will discuss  your suggestion with technical  team . 

Look forward see you again at webriti.

Thanks 

• Can you just make social_icons.php and include it in header.php? It will not take long time. It is simple operation. 
    But then, after updating header.php in parent theme I will get whole updates of parent theme.
    If I will create header.php in child theme, I will miss header.php updates in from parent theme.
  • Also, please, could you do it for footer?
  • edited August 2017
    Hi
    For this  create footer.php file in  child theme directory . 

Replace the code of it with the code mention in this link . 

Step 2 

Again open the footer.php file and find the below line of  code on line no 55 . 

<li class="youtube"><a href="Enter Telegram icon link " target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-paper-plane"></i></a></li>

Change URL as your need . 

Thanks 
  • akhilesh Thank you! But I can make child themes.  My question is about social_icons.php. Can you make it in parent theme?  
  • Any updates?
  • Hi
    Right now , I will not favor of this . Bz file structure decide our technical department .  
    We will think about this in next version . 

Right  now required much code enhancement  to make additional  file for social icons . 

Thanks 
  • Any updates?