Change icons featured service in theme Quality pro

edited June 2014 in Quality
Hello, I want my poer custom icons, echos in photoshop in the featured service, but not how to do it, I need help, I just need to finish this website.

Comments

• Hi

If I am not wrong you want to change service icons. Yes you can add any font awesome icon and for this you jest need to write the name of that icon.

Here find the complete list of icons you can add http://fontawesome.io/icons/

Thanks
    Priyanshu
  • Hello, I want to do is to remove those icons and put a mine, personalized for me, remove the breathtaking icons and put others I did, you know me, remove from fontawesome and put some icons that I have on my pc, thanks.
  • Hi

Sorry you cannot add custom icons with this version. Its a customization feature, you need to higher a developer for this. 

Or if you are familiar with WordPress coding I tell you the way .

Let me know what you decide

Thanks
    Priyanshu
  • Hi, thanks for your quick response, if I said that part of code have to tweak I can do it, thanks
  • Hi

Normally we don't provide code customization support but I am doing this only for you.

There you go, 

Step 1 : Create a child theme (there are plugins which will do this )and copy paste the parent file index-service.php  of quality theme in the child theme folder.

Step 2: Add Feature Image support in the services post type. Create functions.php file in the child theme folder and add the following line of code in it

/* Add custom functions below */
    add_action('init', 'add_thumbnail_support_quality');
    function add_thumbnail_support_quality() {
    add_post_type_support( 'quality_service', 'thumbnail' );
    }

Step 3: Call Feature image. Edit the index-service.php file which you have placed inside the child theme folder and find the following code snippet

<div class="hexagon-box">
    <a href=""><i class="fa <?php echo get_post_meta( get_the_ID(),'service_icon_image', true ) ; ?>"></i></a></div>

and replace it with 

<div class="hexagon-box"><?php if(has_post_thumbnail()) the_post_thumbnail();?>
    </div>.

Now your stage is set, all you have to do is, upload your custom icon image through feature image in the services post type and yah don't worry about the font awesome icons they will won't work now.

Let me know for any confusions.

Thanks
    Priyanshu
  • Hi, thanks for your help, the truth is that I would love to change the icons to finish my website, but it gives me the explanation is for very advanced people and I am not, therefore, a penalty that is so difficult to make changes.
  • Hi, I tendo two questions:

1 = When I create a function.php file and paste the code that tells me I listed as incomplete, that is not what is missing, I would appreciate it repasase to see if this correct.

2 = Do not need to create a style.css to operate a child theme?

Thank you.
  • edited June 2014
    Hi, this is the code I put into the function.php to see that you think :

<?php //

// /* Add custom functions below */
    add_action('init', 'add_thumbnail_support_quality');
    function add_thumbnail_support_quality() {
    add_post_type_support( 'quality_service', 'thumbnail' );
    }

?>
  • Hi 

Have you put the above snippet in parent themes functions.php file.

Thanks
    Priyanshu
  • Hi, I created a child theme, desu one style.css file, you function.php file with that code and I copied the index.service.php, what I have to add is a function of a featured picture set that replaces the icon awesome, it goes very well, thank you very much.
  • Hello, I do not abuse their help, but let me just a query simply on my website I want to put two different blog, or if not possible, add a category with tickets, I just want to know if in your opinion it is possible HACR and if that is difficult, thank you very much for your attention.
  • Hi

I havent understood this. Kindly create a separate ticket for the next issue.

Thanks
    Priyanshu
  • Sure you can post it, help with aid is paid.
  • When I put the new icon, I have a little higher in the hexagon, as I can do so that it is centered within the hexagon?
  • Hi

Provide me the url so that I an suggest you better. If you not getting that correct better remove the hexagon class. But from the child theme.

Thanks
    Priyanshu
  • edited June 2014
    Hello, I would like to leave the hex if possible, this is my wen

What I seek is just down the icons down a bit
  • Hello, I have observed that in the wake of the subject child do have a problem with the footer of one of my pages and can not find how to fix it, click here
  • Could please tell me as I take that in the link I posted in the previous comment?
  • Which template you have assigned to that link.
  • edited June 2014
    Www.bujalancecocinasybanos.es
  • I mean template assign to this link http://www.bujalancecocinasybanos.es/gallery/cocinas-realizadas/

ie default page, fullwidth page etc
  • Hi,

any update here ?

Thank's

Sunil