how to put a short code on homepage

edited September 2016 in Rambo
I have a plugin from www.stockdio.com/wordpress which i want to put on the homepage of the rambo theme.

only problem is this theme technically doesn't have its own homepage, as you cannot get to it from >> Pages >> All Pages in word press, and when you go to Appearance >> Customise there's all the sub section of the homepage. So I tried pasting in a short code that gets my plugin to work into some of the sections (profiles etc) but it just doesn't show up, but I know the code is ok as I have tested it on my Contact page

the short code is :

[stock-quotes-list width="46%" height="268px"
symbols="^FTSE100;^DJI;^IXIC;^SPX;^N225;^HSI;^DAX" title="MARKETS"
logoMaxHeight="10px" logoMaxWidth="20px"]

How do i go about getting this on the homepage?

thanks.

Comments

• Hi matthare2k

Let me confirm on which place you want to show output of this shortcode please let me know after that we will suggest you where you can put your short code.

if possible indicate with screen shot.

Thanks
    A
  • HI

either in latest news or projects maybe. have given you example screenshot if decide to go there.

thanks.
    09-09-2016 15-44-46.jpg
  • Hi 

For this find the  index-recentblog.php file ( located in your theme folder ) . 

Replace the code of it with the code of index-recentblog.txt file which is given below in the attachment . 

Let us know for any confusion . 

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
    index-recentblog.txt
  • hi

I tried that, but still no good.

I thought it was something to do the lack of a index-recentblog.php in my Child Theme, as I was editing the one in the Parent Theme.

So i copied the file to my child theme, tried it and still no good, and sets the color scheme back etc.
  • HI 

Kindly share your site url  .
     And let me know are you able to integrate the shortcode on the home page . 

Thanks 
  • click here for site

screenshot attached of where would like to position the short code so it displays in this place.

Want to display it in the position of one of the Latest news posts, so that only 2 posts are on the homepage not 3, as the 3rd be replaced as per the screen shot.
  • any further with this one?
  • Hi 

Share  pls send me your admin detail at my email address 

So that we can check whats going wrong with your end . 

Thanks 
  • Just sent them to you.

thanks.
  • Hi
    I got your details but I am unable to  edit  any file code . 

So pls give me rights to edit   the theme code . 

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • hmmm not sure why, as its my login.

please advise which file/files you are trying to edit and i will check permissions on the.

thanks, matt
  • Hi
    I am trying to create index-recentblog.php in child theme and want to add some code .
    So pls create the file in child theme and tell me .

Thanks
  • Hi

I have copied that file from the parent theme to child theme for you. Permissions all look fine too.

thanks

matt
  • HI

Now replace the code of   index-recentblog.php  file of child theme with the code mention with this link . 

Thanks 
  • ok done that.
  • just went to my homepage and doesn't look good or what I want ?????
  • Hi

I've had to delete this file as it was showing my webpage to viewers, where I have a coming soon plugin in place at the moment so no visitors can see the development stages.

I have attached the file you got me to create in child theme.
  • we are still no further down the line with this one?

my homepage now doesn't show the Latest News posts at all, let alone add the code from this request.
  • Hi

Regarding this post, the file you attached with coding on, on 23/9/16 did not work as per my replies above.

Remember my goal of this is to have the short code (provided above) displaying that it shows to the right of the 2 news items.

I have attached a fresh screenshot of what I need to achieve from this.

also sending you a message as think this has been missed.

thanks, matt.
    03-10-2016 12-54-07.jpg
  • HI

Sorry for your inconvenience dear . 
    Again replace the code of index-recentblog.php file code of child theme with the code of index-recentblog.txt file (given below in the attachment . ) 

Hope it will work for you . 

Thanks 
    index-recentblog.txt
  • Hi

I have tried, and its not quite what Im after.

screenshot attached.

You will see if you compare screenshot attached to my previous thread screenshot, its removed my 2 existing posts and its placed the shortcode visual underneath, where as Im wanting it to be displayed on the same row to the right of the 2 latest news posts as per my previous screenshot.

Thanks

Matt
    04-10-2016 08-38-50.jpg
  • HI
    Sorry to say that .
    But you are using third party element . And  Your requirement comes into Layout customization . 
    Its beyond our scope of our support . 
    So you need to ask your plugin developer to adjust  it  as your need . 

Thanks 
  • Hi

The code you produced has removed the links to the 2 latest news posts? Surely this can be reset, even if the third party element im using is in the wrong position , i.e where it is now, then at least if the 2 latest news posts are restored to the correct data (the correct posts), then I can attempt the positioning of the third party element myself/seek other support on.

Thanks.

Matt
  • HI 

I have checked  recent blog section showing two   least post . 

Pls clear us what kind of changes would you want in our latest post  section . 

Thanks 
  • Hi

its all ok now, still shocked you cannot support on what basically is right aligning a piece of code though? that's all I want doing ?

Matt
  • Hi matthare2k

Relay sorry for inconvenience.

I fixed your issue kindly check and let me know. 

here is screens hot http://prntscr.com/cqgim8

Thanks
    A

• Hi matthare2k

Any update here.

can i close this ticket?

Thanks
    A
  • Hi

yes fine to close ticket now.

thanks, matt
  • Hi 

If you like our theme and support kindly post your review here https://wordpress.org/support/theme/rambo/reviews/?filter=5

Thanks
    A
This discussion has been closed.