Nothing is showing up

In 2 months i am using this plugin i am having problem every week.
1 month ago i have solved in this way

1) i've erased in instagram the auth for the feed 
2) Browser Cache cleaned
3) auth plugin again

and it worked

Actually it is not working again
Whatsup?

Comments

• Hi danielee

its happing because your Instagram access token expire so you have to need authenticate you app again 

Thanks
    Abhishek  
  • no dude
    auth code re-authenticated but NOT WORKING in all my 3 sites...
  • Check your access token https://api.instagram.com/v1/users/self/?access_token=ACCESS-TOKEN

replace ACCESS-TOKEN with your's
  • edited May 2016

We’ve received mixed reports of the frequency of the expiration of Instagram Access Tokens. Most tokens very rarely expire and never need to be renewed, but a few users have reported their token expiring every few days. All that Instagram’s documentation says is “Access tokens may expire at any time in the future.”.

If your token continually expires every few days then a potential solution is to create a brand new Instagram account for the sole purpose of obtaining an Access Token. For most accounts it seems that tokens don’t expire very frequently and so this may solve the problem for you. Simply create a new Instagram account and then log in via the plugin’s Settings page in WordPress.

• edited May 2016
    i already wrote you that the problem IS NOT about auth code
    It didn't expire in the last month

I've tried with 3 websites and used access token by 8 different instagram account

It's not about cache too because i am always cleaning and i've used 3 different pcs to test it

Can you help me please?

there should be wordpress code conflict with the theme? Can you check it please?
  • edited May 2016
    Hi

Okay there is an error in the console related to javascript. SInce this plugin heart is javascript, any js issue in the theme, will not run this plugin. I am talking about cinematicfolks site the error message is

jquery.js:2 Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: .site-header a[href*=#]:not([href=#])

Kindly ask your theme developer to remove this error. Also check once with the twentysixteen or twentyfifteen theme on this site, if they are working with that theme , than surely you have to ask your theme developer.

On the second domain consulenza you are using the same theme, again the error message is same , a js conflict. IN both the domains you using Rosa theme which has this conflict and the Jarvis theme on bannaistudio  have no conflicts.

PFA

Thanks
    Priyanshu

Untitled.png
  • oh thanks
    i knew you could help me
    thanks a lot
    i'll let you know
    Bless
    D
  • No :/ not working anyway
    tried Twenty fifteen and sixteen, but not working anyway :(
  • Kindly activate twentysixteen theme and leave it for some time.
  • I found the file which creating an issue its a theme js file http://www.cinematicfolks.com/wp-content/themes/rosa/assets/js/main.js and specfically this line of code $('.site-header a[href*=#]:not([href=#])').click(function() {
  • please check it now..
    i ve changed with

a[href*="#"]:not([href="#"])').click(function() {

• Hi danielee

now kindly check with default access token 1591885187.44a5744.385971946cc341fa9f84967c9ba1b9db

find your user id from here  

let me know given access token work 

its only for test

Thanks
    Abhishek
  • Also you are using the older version of this plugin. In the latest version if your access token is wrong than you will get the message indicating wrong access token. So if you update the package than it would be great. Also new filtering options added in the latest package.

Thanks
    Priyanshu
  • where can i download the update?
    i don't find it..
  • i have 1.6 version, the one i ve found on http://www.webriti.com/amember/member
  • NOW IT WORKS! :) YEAH
    THANKS A LOT
  • edited May 2016
    Kindly check now. 
  • Woooohhh Great !!! finally it worked, hehehe. But next time if you face the same issue than better create a new instagram account and authenticate the app with this new account. Because it very rare that the token expires again and again.

Now I think its time to rate this plugin and support at https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/easy-instagram-feed

Your feedback is valuable for us.

Thanks
    Priyanshu
  • It's was a problem about my theme, not the auth code because i tried with new accounts too ;)
    RATED 3 WEEKS AGO ;)

• Thanks, Closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.