Feature Request: Free Text Area

As stated, in Google's new SEO criteria they are giving high SEO value to sites that have relevant TEXT on the home page.

Pages having a lot of pictures and not enough body (like wallstreet) are not being given SEO value by Google for not having enough written content on the home page. See attached photo called, SAMPLE.  So, as a feature request, I would like to see an area included on the home page for simple text content.  See attached photo called, FREE TEXT AREA.

sample.jpg
Free text area.png

Comments

• Hi 

Yes we can do this but for this we need to changes into the code of theme files . 
    So Firstly I suggest you to create child theme and do the layout changes from there.
    Because if you update the theme with the latest one than you will lost all  changes made into the core theme file .  

To create child theme download the plugin from this link 
    Activate the plugin and create child theme . 
    Then tell me . 

Happy to Help !

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
  • I am already working in a Child Theme, so please feel free to advise.

I am excited to see how much of these requests and modifications show up in the next revision!  :-)

• Hi 

For this follow the given below instruction . 

1 Create 1  home.php  and  2 index-cumtom_text.php file in your child theme directory .

2 Replace copy the code from home.txt and index-custom_text.txt (Which is given below in the attachment ).

3 And past the code respective file . 

Now Edit the index-custom_text.php file .

Find " This is custom text Add your custom text here   "  text and  in place of this text line add you own custom text . 

Hope I made my point clear . 
    Let me know for further assistance . 

Thanks 
    Akhilesh
    home.txt
    index-custom_text.txt
    289B
  • Did as instructed.  The code breaks the format of the site.

And in the screenshots I've sent you, you can see how the image has size wrong size limitation in the Theme Features area.

• edited December 2015

I just sent over the screenshots.

Thanks

• Hi

I did not receive any screen shots .

If possible send me your wordpress admin detail at my email address 

Thanks 

• Did you receive the email?

• edited December 2015
    Hey 

No dear , I did not received any mail . 

Pls tell me your email address I will contact you . 

Thanks 

• Please mark this as closed.
This discussion has been closed.