Language Widget Added to the header bar

Hi,

I am making a multi-lingual website, and want to add the language widget at the current position of social media buttons, and shift the social media buttons to be next to the contact (or replace the contact), and add one more top bar of mailchimp at the left of the language widget.

Can that be realized? Thanks!

Regards,

Susie

FC30A453-0F63-4157-AA85-B30B6698FC9C.png

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Hi susiehuang,

have a look in attached screen shot to confirm your need.

if yes it perfect then you can follow given instruction.

go to in your theme directory >> header.php

replace header.php code with attached header.txt file and  find "mailchemp top bar" and "language switcher" text and replace it with your mailchimp  and   language switcher code

let me know

Thanks 
    Abhishek
    header.txt
    topbaar.png
  • Thank you Abhishek. may I know where I can get the short codes of the language switch (Polylang ) and mailchimp top bar? 
  • edited December 2015
    you can help MailChimp for WordPress and Multisite Language Switcher plugin 

if you allow can i close this ticket

Thanks
    Abhishek
  • Hi, I created a new widget "header" using the CWA plugin, and put the language switcher and mailchimp form in this widget. The shortcode of this widget is : [cwa id='header']

The result is that there are words "header" in the to, instead of the widget. However I wanted there is a language switcher and mailchimp top bar at the location like displayed as attached, instead of only several words. Can you kindly help me with that?

7498BD74-F23C-4449-A02B-D45DD1F3AB1D.png
  • plz again attached screen shot 
  • here it is.
    7498BD74-F23C-4449-A02B-D45DD1F3AB1D.png
  • let me know you are using [cwa id="header"] in div section where you need to display

also share your site url 

Thanks
    Abhsihek
  • edited December 2015
    <?php echo do_shortcode("[example_shortcode]"); ?>

follow this link http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-use-shortcodes-in-your-wordpress-themes/
  • then it becomes as attached. Can I put them in order and as beautiful and organized as the social link?
    5FAEBEDD-8823-4453-830C-4E7DD26CF90F.png
  • kindly share your site url where you are using this so we apply some css and let you know 

Thanks
    Abhishek
  • hi, here is: www.gogloforchina.com  . Thanks!
  • Sorry we cant able to find out language info in header as you attached in your above comment .

have  a look to attached screen shot

Thanks
    Abhishek
    lanuagescreenheader.png
  • yes I deleted as this website is already published. I dont want to keep the error on the website long. 

but now I added to show you. Please check again. 
  • plz find attached screen shot if you want  to show flag like this then add given custom css in your custom css box 

#polylang-2{padding:0px;}
    #polylang-2 ul { margin: 10px 0; }
    #polylang-2 ul li.lang-item{padding:0 5px; display:inline-block; border:0 none;}
    #polylang-2 ul li.lang-item:before { content: ''; }

let me know thanks
    Abhishek

headercssimage.png
    1M
  • Hey @susiehuang

Did your issue resovle ?

Thanks
  • yes. but only a little left. how can i shift the two flags to the right? now it is in the middle...
  • ok 

follow given instruction 

go to in your theme directory >> header.php 

open header.php and go to line number 56 and change  <div class="col-sm-2"> to <div class="col-sm-4"> and then go to line number 74 <div class="col-sm-2"> to <div class="col-sm-3">

let me know did it work 

Thanks
    Abhishek
  • it works! thank you !

Please close this ticket now!
  • Glad to know that it work for you 

if you like our theme and support then give us a supper quick review on WordPress  https://wordpress.org/support/view/theme-reviews/quality?filter=5

let me know if you have any other questions 

Happy to help you 

thanks 
    Abhishek
This discussion has been closed.