Can Pinterest and Instagram be added as Social Media Links?

edited June 2015 in Quality
Hi,

Can Pinterest and Instagram be added to the global page as Social Media Links? We only see spaces available for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google +.

Global Links.png
406 x 165 - 12K
Social Media.png
679 x 255 - 29K

Comments

• Hi

Sorry for your inconvenience.

its lots of code customization

But you can use any social media icon plugin , that is freely available on wordpress.org repo.

Thanks

Abhishek
  • - What do you mean by repo? Do you mean as a plugins? 
    - Since this theme doesn't have a normal homepage that is easily editable, can you suggest a plugin that would align on the homepage base social media links that came with the template?
  • Hi

Sorry for your inconvenience.
    there is a issue with social media plugin so we provide you code with instruction.

only you have to replace that codes in your theme files .
    if you already edit some code i that file then that loss plz past carefully

1.go to in your theme directory -> theme_setup_data.php file. open it and replace all code with attached theme_setup_data.txt file

2 go to in your theme directory -> header.php file. open this and replace all code with attached header.txt file

3 go to in your theme directory -> functions folder -> theme_options folder -> pages folder -> contact_social_media_settings.php file. open this file and replace all code with attached contact_social_media_settings.txt file.

let me know dis it work for you.
    Thanks
    Abhishek

header.txt
    contact_social_media_settings.txt
    theme_setup_data.txt
  • Thanks, 

I will add it and let you know if it works.
  • Hi,

I was able to complete steps 1 & 2 but could not complete step 3. I could not find the - functions folder -> theme_options folder -> pages folder -> contact_social_media_settings.php file.

Can you please provide some screenshots of how to find this file?

Thanks
  • Hi 

sorry for inconvenience. 

step 3 ->
    3 go to in your theme directory -> functions  -> theme_options  -> pages -> contact_social_media_settings.php file. open this file and replace all code with attached contact_social_media_settings.txt file.

for any confusion show  images

let me know resolved your issue

Thanks
    Abhishek

themes_options.png
    1581 x 499 - 66K
    php file.png
    1595 x 391 - 67K
    functions folder.png
    1578 x 817 - 131K
    pages.png
    1561 x 441 - 48K
    theme option.png
    1586 x 573 - 59K
  • Hi,

It worked. I appreciate you replying so quickly. Your company provides excellent support.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.