How to Remove 'Posted By' and 'No Comments' on Posts as Default

edited January 2015 in Corpbiz
Please can you let me know if there is a default option to remove the 'posted by' and 'no comments' on every post?
Many thanks, Nicole

Please see image attached which appears on a post I have just published.

Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 11.33.53 AM.png
272 x 48 - 6K

Comments

• Hi 

To resolve your issue  .

Open your single.php file which is located in your theme directory .

Find the below different two line of code on line no 25 26  

<a href="<?php echo get_author_posts_url( get_the_author_meta( 'ID' ) ); ?>"><i class="fa fa-user"></i> <?php _e('Posted by : &nbsp;', 'corpbiz'); ?> <?php the_author(); ?> </a>

<a href="<?php comments_link(); ?>"><i class="fa fa-comments"></i> <?php comments_number('No Comments', '1 Comment','% Comments'); ?></a>

And Remove it .

Thanks
    Akhilesh

• Hi @ webmasteragu 

Did your issue resolve ?

Thanks

• Hi
    Thanks for your help...
    This has not quite worked...

I wanted to remove the date, author and comments from the post display on a page (it is fine when I go into the post, the date, author and comments are not present).

Here is an idea attached. Two separate posts that display the date, author and comments.

Also, in single.php the code you wrote in bold is not in the file.

Thanks for your continued help.
    Nicole

Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 12.58.56 PM.png
    835 x 514 - 41K
  • edited January 2015
    Hi 

Sorry for your inconvenience but I am little confused  regarding this line  
    "to remove the 'posted by' and 'no comments' on every post" . The above change when you see single post .

But now  clear , You want to remove  Author and Comment from Blog Post Page .

For this open your blog.php (located in theme directory )file  and find the below two diff  line of code on line no 32 33  

<a href="<?php echo get_author_posts_url( get_the_author_meta( 'ID' ) ); ?>"><i class="fa fa-user"></i> <?php _e('Posted by : &nbsp;', 'corpbiz'); ?> <?php the_author(); ?> </a>
    <a href="<?php comments_link(); ?>"><i class="fa fa-comments"></i> <?php comments_number('No Comments', '1 Comment','% Comments'); ?></a>

And remove it .

Hope Your issue will resolve . Let me know for further assistance .

Thanks
    Akhilesh
  • Hey,
    It isn't for the Blog template posts.
    It is for a normal post I have set under the category 'Blog' and added to the menu bar.

I want to remove the date, author and comments icons and details.
    When I go to the single.php file I cannot find the code you mentioned (which is rather strange).

Sorry to have to keep coming back to you on this.
    Thanks, Nicole
  • HI 

Again  Miss -understanding   , you are using category/blog  page  ,  Means it depends on the category.php file .
    But use simple method .

Just add the below css code into the option panel <<  custom css filed .

.post_detail { display:none; }

Thanks
    Akhilesh
  • Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    But thank you, the css field custom code has worked perfectly.

Thank you very much for all your help!
This discussion has been closed.